Chilliwack 45939 Wellington Ave 604.792.4595
Abbotsford #5-2630 Bourquin Crescent West 604.853.READ (7323)
The rumours are true! The Book Man has opened up a satellite store in Abbotsford as of July 15, 2011 in the Little Oak Mall at #5-2630 Bourquin Crescent West, (604) 853.READ! We are so excited to bring an outstanding collection of gently used books to the fine folks of Abbotsford! Bring us some books to trade in, leave your requests with us, and enjoy the ease and convenience of our inter-branch transfers from our Chilliwack "Mother Ship."
Our carefully organized, beautifully laid out bookstore comes complete with relaxing music, stools to perch on while you peruse your treasures, air conditioning (if it ever actually gets hot out there) and our very own store cat Gatsby, who will be joining us in the next couple of weeks. Come for the browse and stay awhile; young readers will enjoy our play area, and our Kids' Club where they can earn free books!
Enjoy a little informative interview below!
A side view of one half of our A view into our Young Reader's section,
romance aisle. complete with a play area.
A view into our store from the Our Cook Book Nook
front of the store.
July 15th, 2011 marks the opening day of our Abbotsford branch. Join us in the Little Oak Mall at our new location to browse the stacks, and lose yourself in a good story. Step by step, we have transformed a bare concrete husk into a warm and welcoming bookstore. Love and care has gone into everything from our bookmarked bathroom to the very floorboards that we installed. Come for the browse and stay awhile. Gatsby, our new bookstore cat will be arriving by August 1st; we're allowing the dust to settle before we bring him to his new forever home, as cats do not approve of power tools!
Some key features of our new store:
*We are located in The Little Oak Mall at 5-2630 Bourquin Crescent West.
* We are open from 9:30 - 5:30 daily, 364 days a year.
* Our staff, service, and award winning business philosophy are the same as our Chilliwack branch.
* We got the coolest phone number ever - 604-853-READ (7323) - that's right, a literary phone number! COOLEST EVER! Now we want something like this for Chilliwack.
* Our store is 1600 square feet (sure, it's a mere baby in comparison to the Chilliwack "Mother Ship" but our entire database will be transferable between stores, and we'll always be happy to bring in any books/section that you'd like to see more of).
* We have focused largely on providing an outstanding paperback fiction selection, but you'll see all of your favourite sections represented out here as well - just smaller!
* We buy, sell and trade books with the same policies that we use in Chilliwack, and your trading credit can be used at either location.
* At present, we have a full staff for the new branch, but you are always welcome to put a resume on file with us. Details on how to apply are here.
* Nietzsche the store cat will remain in Chilliwack, but his brother-in-books GATSBY will be joining us at our new store!
We will be building individual pages, and providing you with a proper virtual tour and more in the very near future!
Our initial plan-o-gram, which we changed many times,
and had a lot of fun with.
Our bookshelf party brought 11 brave souls "Book Nooks" start to take shape on our
came out to battle the evils of IKEA instructions! newly laid flooring.
Our lead carpenter Jeremy installs drawer The store is starting to take shape,
fronts on one of our 21 custom built but chaos still reigns supreme!
paperback fiction cabinets. Not for long, though....
The night of July 14th, the last of the Emily photographs Amber while she
boxes are emptied out. photographs our burgeoning bookstore.
Michelle labels our Kids A completed nook, order
series wall. is starting to reign supreme!
Amanda works on labels, our front counter
starts to take shape.